Monday, February 25, 2013

Unjustifiable Want #2: Ni No Kuni PS3: Magical Edition

For reasons relating to an unexpected backlog, I've yet to play surprise bestseller (in the West, at least) Ni No Kuni; the PS3 RPG by Level 5, with an art direction from the universally loved Studio Ghibli. This will be rectified in the near-future.What won't, however, is my gluttonous desire to own the commemorative PS3 console released to celebrate Ni No Kuni's launch in Japan.

                          Photo provided by Ninjamaster............I added, redundantly. 

It's more than a little pretty, isn't it? Sadly, it's a no-go. Beyond its Japanese exclusivity, and the rarity that entails, I've got a perfectly functional launch-PS3 that I've worryingly anthropomorphized to a point nearing kinship, and consequently won't part with. Well, unless fate conspires against us, of course.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I agree with this completely, Jyr. In a way, I'm glad such a thing was never released here in the US, as I surely would have been forced to buy it. As it stands, though, I own neither a PS3 nor a copy of this game, so I'm now feeling a bit lonely. I guess my 3DS and copy of Fire Emblem will have to make me feel better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr. Ochalla. As ever, thanks for dropping by.

    I've been spacing out my viewings of the photo above, as I just tend to get lost staring at it, and cursing the fact I'll be fiddling with Ni no Kuni on my bog-standard PS3.

    But, hey! At least you've some form of consolation. I was debating whether to compensate for my sense in not getting the Ni No Kuni PS3 by perhaps investing in a Pikachu 3DS XL, but then I saw the price......

    Ouchies.

    ReplyDelete